Staffield Hall Country Retreats
Booking Terms & Conditions
The Contract for a short-term holiday letting (in accordance with Schedule 1, Part I, section 9 Housing Act 1988) is between Staffield Hall (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”). The property let is one or more of the properties at Staffield Hall (“the property”). The person making the booking (‘the booker”) certifies that all members of the holiday party are aware of the terms and conditions of this contract and agree to be bound by them. All members of the party are jointly and severally liable under it. They agree that all communication with them can be through the booker. This contract has been made within England and Wales. Your payment of a booking constitutes an irrevocable offer to enter into a contract, which will be complete when we have accepted your booking (as distinct from merely acknowledging receipt of your booking request). This acceptance will include a payment, in part or in full by you for your holiday unless we have specifically waived this requirement. Any of the terms of this contract may be varied by specific agreement in writing. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 per property reserved is payable on booking with the balance payable six weeks prior to the commencement of the letting period booked. The deposit is returnable if the booking is not accepted by us. A confirmation of your booking will be issued upon receipt and full directions will be sent upon receipt of the final payment. Payments can be made using Bank Transfer or debit card. Mastercard and Visa credit cards are also accepted. When a card is used to make a deposit then this card will be used by us to collect any other payments due to use on the due date. If you would prefer to make payments by another method please let us know. A security deposit may be required.
Cancellation by us
- If we should need to cancel the booking we will refund in full all monies paid to us by you. Responsibility and financial liability of Staffield Hall shall be limited to the return of monies received in the event of accommodation booked in good faith not being available. If we need to close our venue due to Covid-19 you will be refunded in full or alternative dates can be selected.
Cancellation by you
- Should you need to cancel with less than twelve weeks to the date of the booking then you will be bound by this agreement to pay us in full for that booking. Deposits made are non refundable. If you need to cancel due to Covid-19 restrictions in your area but we as a venue are open and trading then payment will be due and will not be refundable. Payment must be made whether you have at the time of cancellation paid in full for the booking or not. You would therefore be advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance to cover you for that eventuality. Cancellation insurance may be available from www.cancellationplan.co.uk/. If your wish to cancel is Covid-19 related we will release your dates and seek to re-let. Under these circumstances it may be possible choose alternative dates and loss of monies may be mitigated. Any refunds allowable will be subject to handling and management charges.
Arrival and Departure
4 Accommodation will be available to you from 4.00 p.m. onwards on the start date of the booking. Our properties operate on coded door locks, we allocate door codes to you 24-48 hours before your arrival. These are sent by email. If you do not have an email address, please contact us 5 days before your holiday commences in order that we can post these to you. Please make sure you have received these door codes before you commence your travel arrangements for your break. Without the codes you may not be able to gain entry to your reserved property.
Accommodation must be vacated by 10.00 am on the finishing date, this to allow for cleaning and maintenance to take place. Staffield Hall Country Retreats will provide the accommodation to a high level of cleanliness. Upon departure all accommodation must be left in a tidy condition, please see inside your property for details of our Covid-19 policy.
Kitchen inventory must be washed and put away and all refuse removed from the property. Beds must be stripped of bed linen and placed with towels into a laundry bag which will be provided to you. Should extra or deep cleaning be deemed necessary then a cleaning charge for this may be made.
Smoking & Use of illegal drugs.
- We have a strictly no smoking policy at Staffield Hall in line with government legislation. Guests must not smoke whilst inside the premises and this includes leaning outside of windows to smoke. Should guests smoke in the property then a £100 charge will be made to cover extra cleaning and deodorising of soft furnishings. The use of, by any means, illegal drugs including poppers is totally forbidden and such use will result in the ultimate expulsion of any person taking or connected with the taking of any such substance.
Damage & Care of the Property
- Any problems found with any appliance, fixture or fitting must be reported immediately to the owner or housekeeper who will ensure, where possible, that this is repaired within a reasonable time or alternative arrangements made. Under no circumstances should any guest attempt repairs to the property or its contents. This will invalidate service contracts, warranties and agreements and charges for such repairs will then pass to the Hirer.
The Hirer undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixture, fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as the same are in at the commencement of the letting and shall report and pay in full to the owners the value of any part of the premises, furniture, fittings and effects so destroyed or damaged as to be incapable of being restored to its former condition. Any such charges being on a new for old basis. You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. Any such damage must be reported immediately.
You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties.
Occupation of the property
- Only the number of guests stated at the time of booking will be allowed to visit stay or remain in the property at any time, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the owners. Staffield Hall reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. Only guests who are resident at Staffield Hall are allowed access to use the Hot Tub under the Terms & Conditions of use show in item 10. below. All noise levels should be kept indoors and to a minimum after 11.00 pm.
- GROUP BOOKING POLICY: To make a booking a nominated responsible person will be known as the’ lead booker’ to whom all communications will be made and whom will be generally held responsible for the booking and for care of the properties during the stay by all guests. A deposit of £900 is payable per group booking which will reserve the whole of the main Mill building for exclusive use.
We do not permit the movement of furniture, crockery, glasses etc between properties.
All noise levels should be kept indoors and to a minimum after 11.00 pm.
If the venue is to be used to host a wedding, wedding reception or gathering in connection with a wedding then an additional charge of £750 will be payable.
A security deposit of £900.00 per property booked is required from the lead booking person/responsible person. This must be paid in full before arrival by bank transfer and will be refunded in full after your stay; providing there is no damage to the properties or their contents and movement of inventory items between properties. We do not accept bookings from persons aged under 21.
Rights of Entry
- Staffield Hall and its agents reserve the right to decline entry and accommodation or to expel any occupier or visitor for conduct, which in their sole view is detrimental to the Estate or the comfort of other visitors. Staffield Hall reserves the right to enter a property at any time but will endeavour to do so when convenient to the occupier. Any occurrence of damage must be reported immediately.
- A Hot Tub is available for use on the premises and its use is expressly restricted to residents only of Staffield Hall and your agreement and knowledge that this is a group use facility and not restricted to your own sole use. You acknowledge that your reservation with us is that of a rental agreement for group use. We make no charge to you for use of the Hot Tub and so provision of the Hot Tub is not for our financial gain. Our provision of a Hot Tub is as a small-scale business user. Use of the Hot Tub can only be made by you and your guests on the agreement that you will all abide fully with our Terms & Conditions for use of the Hot Tub as shown below. That you accept the risks to health associated with the use of a Hot Tub and no claim can be made against us should any health issue arise from its use. If you have any concerns whatsoever about such risks then you and your guests should not make any use of the Hot Tub. If you are found to be in breech of our terms & conditions for use of the hot tub then you agree that charges will be made to remedy and damage caused and costs incurred in re-commissioning the Hot Tub.
- We only accept Dogs at Staffield Hall and these are only welcomed in certain properties and by prior arrangement and are subject to an additional charge of £30.00 per dog. Any agreement to allow pets onto the property is conditional that under no circumstances are they to be allowed into the bedrooms, nor to sit or lie on any of the sofas, chairs or other soft furnishings. A charge of £50 may be made if this condition is breached. Pets are accepted on the condition that they are not allowed to foul in the garden areas and otherwise in the immediate vicinity of the property. Pets may be exercised along the lane and in the field at the top of the lane close to and owned by Staffield Hall The pet owner will clean up any mess caused. Pets must be kept under strict control at all times and not be left in the property unattended at any time. Failure to comply will render the contract terminated and you may be asked to remove the pet from the premises.
Property and Valuable
- Staffield Hall Country Retreats, its employees or agents are not to be held responsible for the loss of any valuables or property left on or around the premises at any time. Any items left behind after a stay can be notified to us and if found can be returned, an admin fee for this service will be made of £20 plus postage.
All guests, their friends, family or visitors must ensure that they take all reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others whilst on the property, the owners will not accept responsibility for any injury or loss caused whilst in or around the property. Any vehicles parked on the premises are parked at the sole risk of the owner of the vehicle.
- You agree that any penalty charges which in our sole opinion should become payable will be collected from your credit or debit card details as supplied to us in payment of any part of your booking with us. Any such charges made will be notified to you in writing after payment has been collected.